Lipstick of the day #1 revisited: Chanel Rouge Allure in Enthusiast

| 2 Comments



My previous post about this lipstick was a bit brief, so I thought I'd do a more detailed review for my red lipstick series.



Enthusiast #64 was the first Rouge Allure lipstick I bought.  In fact it was the first Chanel lipstick I had ever bought.  I was mesmerised by the packaging.



One click and out pops a lipstick.

Its supple, ultra-fine second-skin texture glides smoothly over the lips for a satiny and perfectly luminous makeup result. Shea butter combined with a canola oil derivative provides softness and comfort.

That's how chanel.com describes this lipstick.  There is no doubt the formula is very smooth, glossy and slightly translucent.  I find it more moisturising than the Rouge Cocos.  But more moisturising means wear-time is not as good as Rouge Coco - after a meal most of the lipstick is gone.


Enthusiast is a true red (on me).  It's not too orange or too blue based.

Because of the sheer formula, I'd recommend this for a red lipstick beginner.

2 Comments

  1. my favorite 2, pity it is not available anymore

  2. Oh really? That's a shame! In UK it seems to be a permanent colour?

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...