Lipstick of the day #8 - MAC Lipstick in Russian Red

| 1 comment


I bought MAC lipstick in Russian Red without meaning to (as with a lot of things I have bought).  I went into the MAC Pro store off Carnaby Street to pick up something else and the SA serving me was wearing Russian Red.  I had to ask her what she was wearing straight away because it looked that good.  And then I bought it.


I would probably have more MAC lipsticks if they changed their packaging.  There is no polite way to say it - the tubes look like tampons.  But MAC does terrific reds.


Russian Red is a matte blue based red and goes on very opaque.  Best applied with a lip brush and matching lip liner under (although I don't do the lip liner myself because I'm just lazy).  Do a base stain layer then blot with a tissue, and re-apply.  This way you won't get weird looking lips after you've been eating/drinking/kissing. (Although kissing in red lipstick is to be discouraged until the end of the night unless you want both of you to look like a mess).

And because it is a matte lipstick, it is VERY drying. Remember to prep your lips (exfoliate + lip balm) before applying this.  But I put up with it because I love the colour.

Russian Red has been approved by one of my ex-boyfriends.  He's very fashion conscious/metro and has a view on everything, including makeup.  He knows the importance of finding a red lipstick that matches your skin tone.  To this he said "HOT".  And I think this red lipstick will suit a lot of different skin tones.  So there you go.

One Comment

  1. With all due respect, I just hate dudes who knows a lot about ladies' vanity!

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...