Lipstick of the day #13 - Dior Addict Lipstick in Diorkiss #578

| 0 Comments

 

Ok, so I'm just a little late to be trying my first Dior Addict lipstick.  I was distracted and sidetracked by the Chanel Rouge Coco Shines.  I don't know how I managed to not buy one for so long, because Kate Moss looks beautiful in the adverts, and the shade she is wearing looks absolutely perfect.


But I actually I know the reason.  It's because of the packaging and the concept behind it.


The lipsticks are supposed to look like old-school apothecary balance scale weights.  For addicts.  And so the whole campaign is very tongue in cheek given La Moss' history with a certain white powder.


I have been using this lipstick for about 2 weeks now and sometimes the packaging still confuses me.  The lipstick doesn't open they way you expect it to and it's slightly annoying.

But onto the actual lipstick.  Dior Addict lipsticks are very similar to Chane Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks.  The texture is the same, but Dior has much better colour payoff.


As with all featured lipstick shades, Diorkiss is a colour that would probably work for everyone - a nice sheer glossy rosy pink.  It's not a wow shade - it's the sort of safe colour that looks"natural" and not overwhelming.  Hence why they emphasized Kate's eyes so much even though the campaign is for a lipstick.


If you're not very confident with lipstick I would definitely recommend one of these.  And even if you are a lipstick queen, Dior Addict will make a welcomed addition to your addiction collection.


Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...