2011 Everyday Staples & Favourites

| 0 Comments


Here's all the (mostly) makeup products that I used daily (and could not live without) in 2011.  It was a disaster if I forgot to pack any of these items in my overnight bag.




I actually prefer not to wear foundation.  Everyday base consisted of UV Essentiel and MUFE full cover concealer.


MAC Prep + Prime translucent powder for my oily/combination skin.  Obviously I did not wear the same blush everyday, but if I didn't have time to think about which blush to use, I went for Joues Contraste in Rose Ecrin.


My eyebrows need all the help they can get - if I don't colour them in, my face just doesn't look right.  I have been using Makeup Forever Eyebrow Corrector since October 2010 and I still really like it.  I can easily skip eyeshadow but I wear Bobbi Brown gel liner almost daily.


Two things I really could not have lived without - my Shu Uemura curler and Max Factor Masterpiece mascara.  I have tried many expensive mascaras but none beats Masterpiece for me.


I use Lucas' Papaw Ointment to prep my lips and I also use it on my nose when I have a really bad cold - no more flaky nose!  Dior Addict Lipstick in Diorkiss is not a daily staple but it's definitely the lipstick I reached for the most in 2011.  Beautiful colour.  Moisturising.  Slightly glossy.  It's probably going to be the first lipstick I've ever used up completely.


I can't say whether Bioeffect actually works for wrinkles but I like what it does to my skin.  I apply this to my whole face at night including the eye area.

As for Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis - it's my favourite scent for 2011.  I am quite picky about my perfumes and I don't like heavy/overly strong scents.  Aqua Universalis may smell boring to perfume enthusiasts but I love it.

NYE photos always make me miss Sydney

2011 was a terrible year for me personally, let's hope 2012 will be much better!

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...