Lipstick of the day #16 - Chanel Rouge Allure Lacque in Empire #707

| 3 Comments


When I approached the Chanel counter to look at the Holiday Collection, I had my heart on getting the Enivrée Rouge Allure lipstick.  But I was sadly disappointed when I saw the actual colour with the shimmer & glitter.  Then I turned my eye onto the Rouge Allure Lacque in Empire #707.


Rouge Allure Lacque is a liquid lipstick formula and one of my favourite lipsticks.  Sadly many of the colours (or maybe the entire line?) will be discontinued next year, including the very popular Dragon.


Empire is a very wearable rose pink with understated shimmer.  On me the colour turns just a bit coral, but it all depends on your skintone and how pigmented your lips naturally are.


Initially I thought Empire is quite similar to Santal #77.  But when I compared them to side to side, they are in fact quite different.  In the below photo, Empire is on the right and Santal is on the left.


You can see how much more peach toned Santal is.  Empire is actually a very true pink.


The Rouge Allure Lacque formula is lovely and very easy to apply.  With the doe foot applicator, you don't need an additional lip brush for precise application.  Although it applies like a gloss, I find it lasts as long as a traditional lipstick.


I love Empire and I'm glad I didn't end up buying what I had intended to originally.


3 Comments

  1. I love them but I always forget to use them :/

  2. why discontinued? this always 'gets my goat' as it were!

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...