Rouge Bunny Rouge Blush Wand in Vermeer

| 0 Comments


Rouge Bunny Rouge is one of those brands that I've wanted to try for a long time but in one way or another have delayed purchasing.  Not being able to actually see, touch and try the products at a counter is one of the.  Cost, on top of the former reason, is another.

So I had to rely on blogs for swatches of the products.  Being a BIG cheek product fan, I decided to try the Rouge Bunny Rouge Blush Wand Cheeks in Bloom in Vermeer.  (Yes, RBR products have wonderful and whimsical names that are a bit long and hard to remember.)


I originally wanted to try Goya (peachy coral) but alas it was not in stock during the promotion on Zuneta.  So I went for my next choice which is Vermeer - a very natural powdery rose pink.


The first thing I noticed was the size - because I had not seen the product in person before, I was expecting a tube the size of a Nars multiple or similar.  But these Blush Wands are teeny tiny!

Second thing I noticed was the packaging - it is very pretty but the printed flowers seem a bit too overly embellished for me.  There is also a small protective plastic cap, which unfortunately for me I didn't negotiate very well and hence the big dent in the first photo.  But luckily this is not part of the actual wand case.


Now onto the actual blush.  I love the texture of this - it is very easy to apply but it is not as oily as cream blushes in compacts.  I should theoretically warm the product up on the back of my hand before applying, but I have found it's not necessary.  I dab the wand straight onto the apple of my cheeks and blend blend blend.  It dries to a powder finish but it is still a little bit dewy.

As for lasting power, it doesn't last the whole day for me as I have oily/combination skin.  But this is the case for me for most (if not all) cream blushes so it is not the fault of this product.  In spite of that I still use cream blushes because they give you a natural flush not achieveable with a powder blush.

Bottom line - I love it but I feel £28 is a bit pricey.  One to look out for during promotion code times!

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...