Chanel Joues Contraste in Fleur de Lotus #69

| 3 Comments


Joues Contraste in Fleur de Lotus is part of the 2012 Le Blanc Fleur de Lotus makeup collection and is an Asia exclusive.  The two feature products, the blush and the green Illusion d'Ombre in Riviere, immediately reminded me of traditional Chinese paintings of Lotus flowers - intense coral (or pink) with a light wash of green.


I asked my friend to buy this for me in Hong Kong and I didn't really know what the colour would be like.  But based on my previous experiences with Joues Contraste, I was fairly confident it would be beautiful.


Fleur de Lotus #69 is an intense coral in the pan.  When placed next to In Love and Rose Pétale, Fleur de Lotus looks super bright and the other two looks dull in comparison (but they are not wishy washy colours at all).



As with other baked Joues Contrastes, Fleur de Lotus has a strong rose scent and has a shimmery finish (but not overly so - no disco ball cheeks here).  The colour when swatched is a much softer coral pink.  The swatch below looks a bit chalky pale around the edges but I think it was just the light reflecting.


I love my Joues Contrastes and Fleur de Lotus is a welcomed addition to my collection.  The colour is perfect for  a Louis Vuitton-esque Spring 2012 pastel spring/summer wardrobe.

3 Comments

  1. Always wanted to try Chanel blushes! This colour looks gorgeous! So jellie of your collection :D

  2. This shade is beautiful and I need to check the Candy one the next time I go to Sephora! xx

  3. Ricquetta - Yes you must give it a try, Joues Contraste is one of my favourite blushes.
    Glitter Detector - Let me know if you can find it...Candy is not widely available in the UK but might be different where you are?

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...